Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bye, Bye Boone

This is Boone, a yearling Missouri Foxtrotter. Today Boone began his big adventure with his new owner, Kathy Murphy. He left here in the rain, but Kathy kindly took his picture upon arrival at her farm & emailed it to me so I'd know he was safe & at home in his new quarters. As you can see, he is happily munching away on some hay. He has a nice, big stall, & Kathy has other horses so he won't be lonely. Kathy is a soft spoken, self confessed 'horse collector', & I'm sure she'll take really good care of Boone. Kathy & Boone don't live far from me, & Kathy has invited me to visit Boone from time to time. So, Boone found a new home, & I found a new friend.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Mazel tov to both new owner and old! A successful transaction! Is this a horse you bred?

Dianne said...

This is a yearling I raised. I bought him in utero, & he was born shortly after I bought his mama. I had planned to castrate him as I do NOT need another stallion, but was waiting as he has not yet dropped. His new owner also plans to castrate him as she doesn't really want to fool with a stallion.

He has definitely gone to a great home, so lucky Boone!