Monday, March 15, 2010

#6's calf will hopefully solve the problem...


Top picture is of the long awaited calf belonging to poor #6. The calf arrived around 1 pm on Sunday & these pictures were taken around 6 pm. It's hard to see from this angle (bottom pic), but the calf seems to have solved the problem for all teats except the front left. I'm hoping it will take care of that one today!!! According to the feed store manager, this is not an uncommon thing, and calving usually solves it. I'm hoping he's right but plan to keep a close eye on her just in case.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Claudia said...

Isn't it time for a better name than No. 6?

Dianne said...

When I speak to her I call her "Freckles" because of her mottled face. She's currently in the barn lot with her calf. Danny had to 'milk her out' yesterday; no blood or clots - just milk after he milked out all the colostrum. He milked about a gallon from that one teat & said that she's just producing more than the little calf can handle but that the older it gets, the calf will keep up with milk production.

cba said...

Hey, Diane.

Sorry for the long silence.

I check your blog every day. I just seem to lose my steam for commenting after one or two blogsites.

So I have decided to comment on yours for now. I am sure Claudia will understand.

Best to Frank. I owe him an email.

I'm hoping I'll get an invitation from Claudia to visit The Goose in April.

My dream of being a ranch hand is all too alive and well.